The role of PR in building your brand – a BlueSky presentation
Our own Managing Director, Tracey Dunn, appeared on stage at the Recruitment Agency Expo today to talk to the crowded theatre about the role of PR in building and communicating a brand and its evolving nature. Her points were certainly well received, but for those of you who couldn’t make it, here are a few of her key recommendations when it comes to building your brand profile:
- A good brand grows your reputation and trust, making your organisation more attractive to not only potential clients, but also some of the best talent in the industry who you might want working for you
- Don’t think that just because you’re an SME, start up or a new division with a limited budget that you can’t afford to (and therefore shouldn’t) raise your profile. Look at some of the smaller things you can do to help build brand awareness instead
- PR can help build a brand by getting your voice out there in the public domain. If you are regularly appearing in the press talking about things you can sensibly be talking about – trends, skill shortages, recruitment and retention challenges for example – you will be seen as an industry thought leader and perhaps even a leading figure in your specialism
- Press coverage is a great tool to use in pitches as it shows your views are sought after. It is also much more impactful and has more credibility than brochures, websites and other marketing collateral
- When you go out to the press, make sure you target the right people by researching the publications in advance, looking at their interests, columns and which journalists write about what topic
- Make sure you have something news worthy to say – latest survey results, your opinion on current industry news and business announcements for example
But if this all sounds a bit too scary, you could always just give BlueSky PR a bell instead!
Tracey will be back on stage tomorrow at 12:50pm in Theatre 1 – why not pop by to hear the full presentation.