14 email marketing tips for recruiters
Are you struggling to produce email marketing campaigns that generate opens and clickthroughs? Here are 14 of our top email marketing tips for recruitment success:
- Where are you getting your data from? DON’T just buy lists and then get blacklisted! Use your CRM and ideally go for opt-ins!
- What is your goal for your mailers? Ideally to generate leads – not just brand and clicks… create call lists for your recruiters and you’ll have lots of fans!
- What is the content of your mailers? A candidate is more likely to open a mailer if it’s for them, not simply about you (or your jobs!)
- All the gear and no idea? Ask yourself how well you really know your mailshot system… are you driving Ferrari like a Pedalo?
- Carpet-bombing your database is a strategy to being blacklisted and spending your marketing budget – neither is a great goal! Be sure to segment your mailing list into lists which will generate leads, not just unsubscribes…
- Save (backup your lists) regularly – this is in case things go “wrong” and you need
your list of unsubscribers, for example.
- A/B testing – use this to get to know your sector – never send a campaign based on what someone told you in a blog is the best time to mail.
- Automation – send mails, and follow up. Check out the automation of your mailer software and see what it can offer to keep your community engaged.
- Sending an email and not reviewing / actioning the stats? Crazy! Plan your week to generate and chase leads… the goal is NOT to send the mail, it’s to get (and convert) leads!
- GDPR Regulations – really boring but read up on them so you don’t fall foul of regulations and bring your mailing strategy falling around your ears.
- Make them sticky – have links to other great content that your target audience is going to be interested in – it’s not about you and what you do – it’s about them and what turns them on.
- Have a killer subject line – otherwise it will never get opened – promise something great – pose an intriguing question – instil FOMO.
- What do you want the reader to do? Read more / visit a website / call you / book a place / download a white paper – have a strong CTA so you can measure effectively.
- Segment segment segment – and then make sure the content is relevant don’t mail people in Manchester about Edinburgh – they don’t care.
Do you need help with your recruitment firm’s email marketing content? Contact BlueSky PR today.
Author: Tracey Barrett